Monday, February 6, 2023

First Letter from Vietnam - Phú Mỹ Hưng, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Hello everyone!

To start, this week was one of the most eventful of my life. I have stayed the night in 4 different cities all the way from Lebanon to Knoxville to Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City. The longest day was when I woke up on Wednesday in Knoxville Tennessee at 5am and didn’t go to bed until Friday morning at 2am in Hanoi, 34 hours later. Then after getting to know the Mission leaders and learning about the characteristics of this mission on Friday morning, they put a few of us from this most recent group on a plane and flew us down to Ho Chi Minh City to start working in our areas.

My new area is called Phú M? Hung in Ho Chi Minh. I have once again been blessed with a great companion. His name is Elder Vuong. He is from Hanoi, but lived in america for a few years and even went to BYU Hawaii. His Vietnamese and English are both perfect. I am learning a lot from him.

We went to church yesterday and fast and testimony meeting was incredible! There were about 30 people in attendance and even though I couldn't really understand anyone, it was great to be there and partake of the sacrament with these incredible pioneers. 

Vietnam is too different for me to describe in just 1 email. I will try to write more often than I was before and let you all know what life as a missionary is like here in heaven. I also want to thank all the people back in Tennessee! It was an honor to serve with them for the last 4 months. But I do feel like now the Lord needs to use me here.

The scripture that comes to mind this week is verse 20 in Mosiah ch.3

20 And moreover, I say unto you, that the time shall come when the knowledge of a Savior shall spread throughout every nation, kindred, tongue, and people.

You all can probably guess why this verse has been on my mind. I am now in a different nation, surrounded by a different kindred, tongue, and people. Yet I still see the need for these people to learn about the same Christ that I have been telling people about in Tennessee. It is part of my calling to give my all to the wonderful people of Vietnam and I am ready to do just that!

Have a great week!

Anh C? McConkie





No comments:

Post a Comment